Saturday, December 3, 2011

Seriously, I'm like a Raccoon! Well...a very happy raccoon...

I  read somewhere that Raccoons love things that sparkle.  They are easy to catch if you put something sparkly or something that glitters next to a trap.  Unable to help themselves...they get drawn into the irresistible shimmer and sadly, get snared into their inevitable demise. I am very much like a raccoon in that sense.  I just can't help myself when it comes to anything glitters, shimmers or sparkles, whether it be clothes, make-up,body lotion or even soap (yes LUSH has a glitter bath bomb I couldn't pass up). 

However after perusing the holiday make up lines this year, I know that I am not alone!  Every major line offered something in their collection that spoke to my inner glamour party princess, that girlie girl that leaps up and down with excitement while externally, I try to keep it cool and make the purchase.  I have one new purchase though that knocked off this summer's shimmer lotion as my new favorite Crush item.  Galaray, my stunning hair dresser and fellow glamour maven told me about this after I saw her wearing it and went..ohhhh.. ahhh..  what do you have on your eyes!!

MAC Superslick Liquid Liner in PURE SHOW.  This stuff is pure gold glitter awesomeness.  Now, I should tell you that I am not very good at doing tricky things like applying black liquid liner, or doing false eyelashes. I usually end up getting frustrated and throwing it all in the trash.  Not this liner!  It is so easy to apply and adds a bunch of drama!  Try it you will love it!
http://www.maccosmetics.com/products/spp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT151&PRODUCT_ID=PROD10160&SKU_ID=SKU21859

Sadly, after all my searching and trying, that was the only item that I felt was worth writing about.  Most of the shimmer/glitter/sparkle products, I already have, or were the wrong colors for me entirely. I urge you to get out there, look for yourself and add some shimmer to your sizzle this holiday season!

Now for the bad... remember when I told you guys to NOT BUY FINGERNAIL POLISH? 

Well, because I am a raccoon, I was unable to pass this one up.. but darn it if I shouldn't have! 
Nicole by OPI Holiday 2011 Collection: Ornament For Each Other.

This nail polish stopped me in my tracks as I sashayed through Wegman's one early Saturday morning.  I hmm'd and haw'd.. knowing that I had decided to stop buying nail polish.  Committed, I left the bottle, and continued shopping, only to head back in under 2 minutes.  I do not  have much self control.  The color was gorgeous..and for $8 bucks.. what the hell?  I left the store, went home and made an appointment for a mani-pedi. 

That afternoon, I showed my nail lady the new color and she too did the whole.. ohhhh...awww.. "pretty!" and then we both giggled with excitement...true story.  However, 45 minutes later, as she was trying to apply the color, she got this odd look. Not a good look either.  More like a "how do I tell my client her polish sucks" look.  I looked at my big toe and saw the problem.  The polish was going on sheer, and streaky.  Many, many coats would have to be applied to get the same color as the bottle. 

Here's the problem with that.. when you apply glitter polish, it has a tendency to chunk and become clumpy.  So, you have to apply it slowly, one coat dries... you apply the second..and so on sometimes going as high as 8 or 10 coats.  Even if you have the money, time and patience for this ritual.. the glitter polish has a tendency to chip off as early as the next day because its so thick.!  DO NOT BUY THIS NAIL POLISH.  SAVE YOUR $8 BUCKS FOR GINGERBREAD or EGGNOG LATTE'S.

Okay friends, that's it for December.. remember to exfoliate and moisturize all over for the next few months at least once a week!  Promise?  If you have any Questions or are searching for a specific item to cure your winter blues...e-mail me at Willysbeautycrush@gmail.com.  I will do my best to answer you quickly.

Have a happy holiday season, an even better New Year, and remember to let someone know they are beautiful...when they least expect it. 

Love you! 
Willy

No comments:

Post a Comment