Monday, December 2, 2013

Turnrow has NAILED it!

For those of you who have read my blog, you know that once I find an item.. that I LOVE..not only do I tell you about it so that you can feel the same glee that I do, but I add it to my permanent arsenal.  Currently, those items include:

The Bite Stick- AFTER BITE
Moroccan Oil- The actual brand, not the lame cheaper versions that don't actually work.
Band-Aid Blister Stick
Aveeno waterproof 50 SPF sun spray
Nars the Multiple in Orgasm
Lancome Defencils in Black
Kerastase Hair products- ALL
Color Tattoo eye shadow in bold gold


None of which would help me on a desert island, but who cares..after all..I'm on a freaking deserted island..if it's not just about me and what I want then..when would it EVER be just about me?

Okay..on to the new item.  Of course, as with all of my items there is a back story.  My very good friend H. (the H does NOT stand for heroin for those of you who immediately jumped to the conclusion I meant smack...what's wrong with you?  Really? Going right to Heroin when you see H?)  Anyway, my very good friend is trying to get pregnant.  In her quest she began reading about the many chemicals in our cosmetics, body lotion and hair products that cause infertility though endocrine disruption and making your hormones go all wonky.  After reading about this she began thinking about all of her friends without children and how many of us just simply never got pregnant and the light-bulb went off.  Clearly there is a connection between all these "blockers" and fertility rates.  Immediately she stopped using all of them and went only for the products that were as close to natural that she could get.  However, as anyone who stands next to a hippie at Whole Foods can attest, the all natural stuff doesn't really work. So she did what I still find endlessly heroic, she started her own line (with her equally amazing sister).  The Bath and Home line is called<b> TURNROW Bath, Body and Home.
http://www.myturnrow.com/body/

H. had asked me to test the Sensitive stick because:  A. I have sensitive skin and B. I'm looking for a new moisturizer to transition to since Oil of Olay stopped making mine (bastards.)  It's a tiny little stick with the same consistency as lip balm.  I popped it into my gym bag and the next day after my post workout face- wash I put it all over my face.  I then stepped out into 30 degree blustery winds.  It was AWESOME. My skin didn't get touched. It was as if I had applied a shield.  My use of the product since then has rapidly progressed.  I have used it on my cuticles, my lips and I even used it to tame some fly away's when my bangs were giving me grief.  It is such a miraculous item!  It does not smell (HUGE PLUS) It has multiple, multiple uses...so much so..that I recommended they change the name to the EVERYTHING stick.  I think you could use this on basically everything because its sensitive and scent free.

GO TO THE WEBSITE AND BUY THIS STICK.  You will not regret it.  While you are there..check out all the other awesome items these sisters have.  Remember its all natural and the ingredients are available, if you e-mail H or her sister in case of allergies..or curiosity.  Don't muck up your system with chemicals and don't blow WADS of cash on "natural" products that don't work .(Like I did).

Oh! I just thought of another use, you could stick some raffia into the EVERYTHING stick and make a candle...you know....for when you are on that desert island!  It just keeps going!

Have a Merry Christmas and Salacious New Years!
Xoxoxo.
Willy

No comments:

Post a Comment